Artificial Lift Systems
Industry Leading People, Expertise & Services
The NOV Wilson Artificial Lift Systems group has practical experience, technical expertise and represents quality products, which are fundamentals to support our industry leading service and product offering in Artificial Lift Systems to the Canadian oil and gas industry. The cornerstones of our ALS offering include strategic branch location, problem identification, solutions implementation and educational services. The 200+ years combined experience in our diverse technical support group complements the experienced personnel at the branches to provide regional expertise to reduce producers lifting costs. Identification and implementation of new technologies and products are a strategic advantage to the producer, an objective that NOV Wilson is committed to.
Progressing Cavity (PC) Pumps
- Complete systems design and equipment recommendation & performance analysis.
- Applications include: viscous/heavy oils, CBM dewatering, high volume production, light oil.
- Alignment with prominent manufacturers to complement our complete system products offering; PC Pumps & drives, rods, downhole tools (anchors, gas separators, swivels), NOV Wilson hydraulic skids.
- Local expertise in our test facilities to identify failure modes and implement changes to increase run-life and reduce pulling costs.
Conventional Rod Pumping
- Complete pumping well design / analysis services.
- Complete pumping well supply: Dura Products pump, AOT sucker rods (new), Economical alternative Class -1 rods (reconditioned), pumping wellhead, NOV-DPEG pumping unit, Mono Hydraulic Pumpjacks, Arrow engines, and all ancillary items.
- Expert local Bottom Hole Pump repair services... 23 strategically located repair facilities that operate in accordance with the NOV Wilson BHP Repair Quality Assurance Program.
- Pumptracking since 1992, this in-house system captures repair data vital to accurate failure analysis and reducing pulling costs.
Plunger Lift Systems
- Complete plunger lift system design / installation / analysis / service..
- Complete plunger lift supply…Monoflo plungers, bumpers, lubricators, controllers; completion landing nipples,
- Expert local plunger lift systems service capabilities... trouble-shooting, controller optimization.
Well Automation & Control
- Variable Frequency Drive.
- NOV Wilson offer 2 lines of variable frequency drives (VFD) each with unique Pump-Off-Control software. Installation and technical support is provided by a network of local or regional technicians to provide optimum customer service.
The SALT® VFD, suitable for PCP, ESP and beam pump application effectively operates the well and seeks to optimize the system continuously. While also capable of operating in "Manual", the automatic setting allows the software to maximize production while and reduce power consumption. The package is available with Remote Access Data Communication (RADComm) for remote read/write capabilities, or with operating systems including XSPOC or similar SCADA systems. Specific to beam pumping, the 4-quadrant feature proves beneficial in today’s HZ wells eliminated compressive rod loading while providing further benefits of enhanced energy savings through patented software that prevents “regen”.
The Unico VFD, suitable for PCP or beam pump applications utilizes proprietary software to effectively operate the well and seeks to optimize the system continuously. While also capable of operating in "Manual", the automatic setting allows the software to maximize production while and provide visual analytical information including pump and surface card presentation along with some analytical reporting. The package is available with Well Performance Reporting with read/write capabilities, or communicates with operating systems such as XSPOC or similar SCADA systems